Friday, August 11, 2006

First exit polling results

I just got back from the Westshore polling place in Milford, where I conducted about 40 minutes of exit polling.

I surveyed a total of 27 people. Out of that, 6 refused to answer both questions, and 5 refused to answer the Senatorial question.

Observations: The people who refused comment tended to be grumpy middle-aged white males. A female Republican said she'll vote for Lamont in November. The guy driving the Red Porsche was a Lamont fan. One lady with an accent voted for Lamont, and NO for governor. An unaffiliated voter was for Lamont in November. The Milford Democratic Town Committee voted roughly 3-1 in favor of Lieberman at the convention, so I knew this would be close here today.

Here's my results:

Lieberman - 10 votes
Lamont - 13 votes (including me, my wife, my dad, and the guy holding the "Lamont" sign outside)

These numbers indicate a dead heat, at least here in Milford.

For Governor, we have these numbers:

DeStefano - 10 votes
Malloy - 11 votes

Based on these results, I can safely predict that both races will be close.

(Yeah, I'm really going out on a limb there!)

More later this morning. I'm off to Hamden shortly, to do some more exit polling.