Friday, August 11, 2006

Lieberman Speaks

We are watching Lieberman at the podium now

Your support has sustained my family... made it a much closer race than pundits predicting...on the way down the street, I called Ned Lamont and congratulated him (wild screams and applause here)

As I see it, in this campaign, we just finished the first half, but in the second half, our team, "Team Connecticut" will surge ahead to victory"

Of course disappointed by the result....disappointed not just because I lost but because of the partisan polarization

We will not let this result stand...

I expecrt my opponent will continue to do in the general what he has done in the primary (bloggers say KICK YOUR ASS!) Same old partisan politics that have paralyzed Congress today. I want to provide solutions, not point fingers

I want to make my country a better place to live and work, and with your help I will...a lot of people in this state, not just Ds are angry at the direction in which this country is moving with petty partisanship and bickering in Washington.

...I am fed up too. My friends, in Wash these days, every compromise is surrender...
it's time for our elected leaders to stop playing political games to get things done for the people who are good enough to send us to Washington to serve them.